SAN FRANCISCO–Total global value of software M&A transactions is projected to nearly double in 2016, from just 2 years ago. In a climate of strong growth, Atlas Technology Group has again been affirmed as an advisor of choice, supported by a diverse record of transactions.
In September of this year, Atlas served as an exclusive financial advisor to Meridium Inc. on its sale to GE Digital. Meridium is a global leader in asset performance management (APM) software and services for asset-intensive industries. GE made an initial investment in Meridium for a 26 percent stake in the company. The total acquisition, inclusive of the original investment, was executed for an enterprise value of $495 million.
Other noteworthy transactions for which Atlas served as an advisor in 2016 include:
- The sale of Casewise, a leading business process modeling solution provider, to erwin, the maker of the industry-leading data modeling solution.
- Vista Equity Partners’ acquisition of Granicus, the leading provider of software solutions that improve government efficiency and transparency.
- The sale of NetMotion Wireless (Clearlake Capital), a provider of mobile security software solutions, to The Carlyle Group.
- SolarWinds’ acquisition of LogicNow, a global provider of integrated cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) solutions.
- The sale of Saffron Digital, a provider of multi-platform digital video services for entertainment delivered over-the-top to internet connected services, to NeuLion.
- The sale of Speck Design, an integrated concept-to-market product development firm, to IPG.
- A minority investment in Cyara, a provider of the market-leading omni-channel discovery, testing and monitoring platform, from PeakSpan Capital.
- Altium’s acquisition of Perception Software, an industry leading provider of enterprise PLM integration solutions.
*Note: Atlas advised companies in bold.
Atlas Technology Group looks forward to what the next year may hold.
About Atlas Technology Group
Established in 2010, Atlas Technology Group is the advisor of choice in global, software M&A. Since 2013, Atlas has advised on 36 transactions, 24 of which were cross-border deals. Based in San Francisco, Atlas leverages its deep software expertise and relationships with strategic acquirers globally. With more partners focused on software companies than any other investment banking firm, Atlas has advised on transactions ranging from $20 million to over a billion dollars. Each of their transactions receives senior-level, hands-on attention, ensuring flawless deal execution and optimizing value for all parties. With all capabilities, but specializing in sell side transactions, they have advised their clients on becoming acquired by companies like Microsoft, GE, Dell, ABB, Nokia, eBay, The Carlyle Group, and Thoma Bravo.